Minneapolis Web Design : Hi Erin! thanks for nice share! I should make it Tuesday after missing the last couple. Is it the library for the location?
nice agenda Erin! kabar berita hari ini di Liputan6.com
I have been following AfH since few months and am absolutely impressed with the cause. I would like to get involved and would like to know more about this co-coordinators positions. Eligibility, responsibilities etc.
• Coffee ( Avenue Eatery), pastries, fruit, juice for 20
• Slideshow of photos from AfH existing conditions and block party
Welcome/ Introductions Sandy 9:15-9:9:30
• Introduction to JACC (mission, activities, etc.)
• Goal for the meeting—focused community engagement
• Participant introductions—name, block or organization, icebreaker (today I am ____?; My favorite place in on the Northside is_____?)
Describe Concept Andy 9:30-9:45
• JACC, AfH, and TCHFH began working together during tornado recovery efforts. We wanted to keep working toward rebuilding Jordan.
• JACC volunteers identified this 8-block area not only because it had high rates of vacancy and unrepaired tornado damage, but also because it has strong community assets such as block clubs, parks, and retail services.
• We decided that for rebuilding to be most effective we needed to do two things:
o Focus on the assets or building blocks in the community
o Listen and respond to the dreams of neighbors
• Today we are kicking off a series of neighborhood meetings with the goal of developing a plan to guide the rebuilding of these 8-blocks both in terms of improving the physical conditions and strengthening the social ties that bind the neighborhood.
• At the end of these meetings we will have:
o A master plan of these blocks showing where development should happen and when.
o A guide for potential developers describing house styles, building standards, and affordability levels
o A set of goals for block club participation, crime prevention, etc. that we can share with other organizations/agencies that work in our community.
• But it all starts by identifying what we have to work from or our assets.
Asset Mapping Exercise Sandy/Erin 9:45-10:45
• Assets are what we want to keep, build on, and sustain in the neighborhood for the future.
• Assets can be tangible things, people, or institutions.
• For today, let’s use five categories of assets: built, social, service, natural, and economic
• Assets can be positive (engaged neighbors, parks) or they can be things that are currently viewed as negatives, but can be built on (vacant property)
• Work together to share as many assets as you can think of and write them on post its. Be as specific as possible.
• Post your thoughts under the heading that you think best describes the type of asset, or place them on the map of the neighborhood if they refer to a specific place.
Data Presentation Sally 11:00-11:30
Wrap-up Andy 12:15-12:30
Well this is good news. I wasn't initially able to make it to the class but thanks to the rescheduling, it is possible for me now to attend the event.
I should make it Tuesday after missing the last couple. Is it the library for the location?
Can you share some pics of this get together...
Office Furniture Tampa
I definitely attend these event as early as possible and give the best performance in my speech.
Yoga teacher training
Awww that must have been a great event!
Hope this June there will be something like that as well!
Heather Millow, creator of 'converting mp4 to avi' http://freemp4toaviconverter.com/
Hello, everybody! The place you have chosen is very convenient for such meeting. Thank you for keeping us informed on what is going on in the life of our society. Unfortunately I did not manage to come but my friends visited this event and took an active part in the discussion.
Haley, have a look at